Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Sunday, June 29, 2008

San Diego (6/20/08)

I'm really behind - oops!

So we travelled with our partners in crime, Mike and Chrissie, to San Diego for the weekend to attend Scott and DD's wedding.

It was an adorable weekend of "couple-ness." We flew down and back on the same flight, sitting together. We shared a great little suite and a rental car. We were tourists together. We were hours away from buying matching outfits. It was great fun.

The wedding was lovely. DD's dad is retired Navy, so the wedding was on base at the Officer's Club - which has beach access. I love having water in the backdrop of weddings (did it myself)... I think it brings a sort of harmony and connection to the ebb and flow of love and life... anyway... There were little Navy touches throughout the wedding - her dad was in his dress uniform, they used his saber to cut the cake. It was a great way to pay tribute to the life of a military family. It impacts a person very deeply. And honestly, I miss the life, a little.

We "jetted" on JetBlue. If you have the chance, definately fly with them. It was the best airline experience I've had in years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home