Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Working 'Greener' Girl

So if you haven't heard already, I'm starting a job at The Evergreen State College on Monday the 14th! I will be working in the brand new, environmentally friendly Seminar II building. It is certified LEED - Gold Level by the US Green Building Council - one of the first in the Pacific Northwest. I'm really excited to learn more about the building itself, and of course, the position.

I will be providing admin support to professors in the Humanities and Social Sciences. As I learn more about the position, I'll let you know.

There are two amazing perks to this job that I'm very excited about.
1) I can finish my degree, at very little cost to staff.
2) I can wear Birkenstocks to work!

Thankfully, I won't have to wear this to work:



But as most of you know - I do have a habit of becoming the school mascot...hmm...

I will, however, learn the school's fight song:

Go, Geoducks go,
Through the mud and the sand, let's go.
Siphon high, squirt it out,
swivel all about,
let it all hang out.

Go, Geoducks go,
Stretch your necks when the tide is low
Siphon high, squirt it out,
swivel all about,
let it all hang out.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger gerrycammy said…

    Wow... here I am an alum of Evergreen and I never once heard the fight song. You'll have to teach it to me!! Congrats again on the job! -Cammy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home