Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Folklife 2008

(I'm a few weeks behind, but I've been busy, and anticipate having "blog-ables" from this weekend... so here's what I was up to two weekends ago!)



It's been a few years since I've been able to make time for Folklife, but I'm so glad that we went this year. We were only there for a few hours, but managed to see two of my favorite local performers. Dan Maher, an amazingly fun folk singer, and the Clumsy Lovers, who are rockcelticrowdybluegrassy.

Dan Maher had a guest singer, who also played the accordion. It was a nice accompaniment, but it wasn't what I was longing for when I heard he would be there. The set was entirely too short, and there was no "Chipmunk with a Death Wish," but it was great to see him perform again. I haven't seen Dan Maher in a few years. Unfortunately, he doesn't maintain a website so you can find out where he's playing very easily, and most of his performances are in Eastern Washington. But, you can listen to him on his radio show "Inland Folk" on Spokane Public Radio, live online on Sundays, 3-4pm and 8-10 pm, PST.

The Clumsy Lovers were fun, as always. Of course, good friends always help! Thanks to Mike, Chrissie, Christina, Janine, and Nick for coming with us. I'm still adjusting to the new fiddle player - but had a great time. Of course, the Clumsy Lovers are much easier to track, because they have a myspace and their own website - so I still go to see them as often as I can.

Thanks to Mike and Chrissie for having us overnight - we always appreciate "grownup time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home