Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

After Thanksgiving Sales

In previous years, the Brown family had the whole crazy sale day worked out. You'd think we were international spies, with store floor plans, practicing parking situations, and detailed knowledge of which doors opened first to hand out the free goodies. Sadly, very few stores still do the "door buster" give-aways. So we've stopped being quite so intense. :)

Mom and I decided that we would brave the insanity for a few select items.
We also decided that we didn't need to get up ridiculously early, which I was thankful for. (I have a habit of staying up until 2am or so with my mom when we go to visit, and Matthew doesn't always sleep through the night quite yet.)

We left the house at a lesuirely 8:45, and had three stores done by 10:30. I was impressed. The crazy thing is that while my mom waited in line at Michael's craft store, I walked across the parking lot, found and paid for what I needed at Mervyn's, and walked back before mom had paid. She was next in line, but still.. damn holiday new-hires.

And let me just give a quick comment on that unfortunate woman who fell down, lost her wig, and was almost trampled. I wonder just how many times that was shown? As we all watched the footage and yelled at the tv, "Just get up and *then* put on the wig," I realized why she had to stay down... Star Jones couldn't be caught at Wal-Mart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home