Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Monday, November 14, 2005

Shingles... It's not just roofing material!

Lucky me, I developed a case of shingles. If you've never heard of it before, as I hadn't, it's kind of like adult chicken pox. And yes, you can get it if you had chicken pox as a kid. Not fun. I definately wouldn't recommend it.

I don't know what was worse.. having chicken pox in 2nd grade, and scratching yourself raw all of the time because you don't know better, or being an adult and knowing that you shouldn't and trying your hardest not to scratch. Ugh.

Did you know that they treat it with steroids? I was amazed at the long list of things that steroids can be used for, besides baseball. These are prescription, so I don't have any locker room with Jose Canseco stories. Sorry. (Although I was entertained by him on VH-1's 'Surreal Life.' Washed-up celebrities make me laugh.)

Anyway, I'm almost over it and am suffering the consequences of feeling blah for a week and doing nothing. Hence the lack of blog updates. But I'm on my last day of steroids and trying to take advantage of the hyped up energy. So back to work I go.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, it's not roofing shingles. :( I really needed to refurbish the roof for my house, and stumbled across this page in an attempt to find a reasonably priced contractor to re-shingle my house. Now how am I ever going to get it done? Do you know any roofing contractors that you could recommend in the area? Thanks.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Marcia Z said…

    Sorry I can't help you out. I just moved here, so I don't know anyone; and I rent my home, so I don't need to worry about those sorts of things. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home