Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Necklace



So we went to the Mixx 96.1 Birthday Bash, just like we do every year. We brought our bag of random junk, to play "Let's make a deal," just like we do every year. We even won a few items (a t-shirt, a 1 hour massage, a $25 gift certificate to a cafe), just like we do *almost* every year. We're generally pretty lucky, and loud enough to catch the host's attention, which is pretty cool.

But last night, I managed to win a "Golden Ticket" and got to go on the stage to pick from one of three prizes hidden behind a curtain. The clues were 1 - It's Big, It's Really Big; 2 - True Blue; and 3 - Who Am I? I went with what my table was yelling, number 2. It's a topaz pendant, surrounded by small diamonds, and worth over $1800! I was in shock, and so excited. I didn't even hear the $800 part - just the one thousand part made me scream. I didn't know it was worth $1800+ until after we were in the car.

I'm still in shock, and now you'll know why.





1 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger gerrycammy said…

    Dang lady!!! Your birth stone and everything!! It's beautiful!
    -Cammy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home