Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Monday, February 02, 2009

25 Random Things

From Facebook. Since I spent so much time trying to think of 25 things about me, I thought I should share them here as well.

1. It sounded like a good idea at the time... I was my high school mascot. Most of you know that, so I guess it's not too random. However, most people were not their high school mascot.

2. I regret... not going on the Germany trip with the GAP Program in high school. I can't remember my reasoning. It must not have been very good logic.

3. Home is... Binford, North Dakota. When I refer to a nostalgic "home," I really mean North Dakota, even though I only lived there for a few months. My mom was raised there, and my grandparents live there. I'm not especially close to them (which is sad) but as a military kid it was the only constant place in my life.

4. When I grow up... I wanted to be: a disc jokey, a marine biologist (and go to UCSB, of course), to go to Texas A&M to become an Agriculture Teacher (and join the Parsons Mounted Cavalry - seriously), and a middle school social studies teacher. Am I any of those things? No.

5. This one time, at band camp... I didn't go to band camp. I did go to Girl Scout horseback riding camp in Texas. My horse's name was Bugsy. It was one of the best experiences of my childhood.

6. I have been corrected... Apparently I did go to band camp. I forgot about being Uniform Manager for the WSU Marching Band. I did have to work for the band during Hell Week.

7. I've always wanted to know... if I could sing. Or learn how to not sing badly.

8. It sounded like a good idea at the time... I cut my hair super-short before my senior year in high school. It was a horrible idea, and I'll never, ever do it again.

9. Sometimes I... wonder if the people I consider to be my friend, think of me as their friend.

10. Every day I... hug my little boy. Sometimes it's the best thing I do all day.

11. I wish... I could spend more time working on craft projects. I love being creative.

12. I crave... Phad Thai from Mini Saigon in Olympia. And Chicken Palak from Curry Corner in Lacey.

13. I love... the Olympia Farmers Market, and can't wait until it opens again. My weekends seem incomplete from December - March.

14. The number thirteen... is not unlucky. Silly people. It's my birth date.

15. I am... very insecure.

16. I have... no piercings, and I don't want any either. I never had any reason or desire to poke extra holes in my body. People seem so shocked when I tell them I have no piercings.

17. I am... running out of ideas. This doesn't happen to me very often. My brain is constantly running in multiple directions. I have a hard time going to sleep at night because of this.

18. I wish... I was going on Summer Tour with Phish. Oh how I wish I was with Phish.

19. Believe it or not... my first concert was Guns and Roses in 1992 in eighth grade. Oh hell yes.

20. I did not go... to your middle school. My high school friends forget this on a regular basis.

21. I did go... to the Hard Rock Cafe in London. In fact, I insisted on it, and would have been an unbearable 12 year old brat if I didn't get to go.

22. I do not... like to watch movies more than once. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

23. I did not... turn thirty this year. I had the first anniversary of my 29th birthday.

24. I have... a blog. Did you know that? Check it out. I update it on occasion (I'm getting better). www.marciazitzelman.blogspot.com

25. I do not know why… I did this all with a ... after the beginning of every sentence. I guess because I can. That’s all I’ve got. Thanks for reading. Love ya - mj

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your not 30... you're 20-10...

    -Gerry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home