Marcia Mumbles...

and rambles, talks about things that no one else is interested in, and thinks she's smart (sometimes) and funny (usually). And I love coffee. Mmm... coffee. I also love the whole "..." thing. Just get used to it, okay?

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Going Back To Work!

So Ladies and Gents - I've been on a mini-mission over the last few months to find my way back into the workplace.

I *love* working at the Olympia Farmer's Market, but the soft fruit season is over, which means so is my job. Those of you who have been blessed (read:forever scarred) by Market know that it's a job that you love once you're not there anymore. It's easy to forget the cherry sorting nightmares, aching back, and "expert" customers when it's the off-season. It really was great to be asked (read:begged) by Nellie to come back - but there's definately a delicate, pastry crust ceiling on that tasty apple pie of a job.

Fruit slinging was only supposed to be a temporary thing for me... just for the summer, while Phil was home from school. But life changes fast, my friends. School isn't out for summer - it's out forever (at least for now). Market turned itself into a great little experiment to see how well Mommy would do without Matthew around 24/7, and vice versa.

Which brings us to today. I have been offered a position with the WA State Legislature. It's only for the '08 Session, but it's a start. I will be working with Senate Committee Services as a Committee Assistant. I just received my official offer yesterday. It's a tremendous pay raise, and I will be supervising someone..hard to do when you're used to doing everything by yourself!

I start training on Dec 17th, and I'm excited and nervous. I don't know what committee I'm assigned to, but will post when I do. Just thought you should know what's new with me. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Amy M. said…

    How exciting! I work right across the street (at OFM in the Insurance Building). We should have lunch some time after you start and get settled. Which committee are you going to be working for?

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Amy M. said…

    I guess I should read a bit more carefully, I see you don't know which committee. Can't wait to hear more.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    congratulations! :)

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Ruckus said…

    that sounds great!! i am sure that it will keep you busy:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home